A couple of years ago, I wrote about designing a game that is the opposite of Asteroids. Last week, I found raylib, a C library for making games and decided to try making it (I also renamed it Nebulas).
Here’s what I have so far.
- You are a triangle ship in the center of a starfield, which can help with navigation.
- You can rotate (LEFT and RIGHT) and thrust (UP)
- Space is infinite in all directions. You are always at the center of the screen.
- There are nebulas in space around you moving.
- You can go into them and suck their energy into your ship
Here’s a video of my progress so far:
- The color of the nebula is a clue to what power your ship gets from it. (e.g. Red is thrust)
- The color of the ship is which gas you are currently using.
- I will show tanks for each color so you can see how much you have of each gas.
The game is to survive as long as possible, conserving your gases. As long as you survive, you can explore.