When I was done with a journal, I’d put it on the shelf with others. I do a good job of making sure to transfer anything important to a real tracking system at the end of the day, so there wasn’t much in the journal that I thought would be useful.
At some point, though, I picked up an old journal, it was probably a few years old at that point, and just flipped through it. As expected, it was mostly boring. Just a mundane list of what was going on that day. Meetings, task lists, chores.
But every once in a while …
- Write While True Episode 21: Dedicated Journals
- Write While True Episode 2: Small Bits of Writing
- Write While True Episode 12: Keep a Topic List
- Write While True Episode 13: New Ideas
- A Technique for Producing Ideas by James Webb Young
- Write While True Episode 19: Prompt Your Morning Pages